Statement of Faith
1, We believe in the absolute, complete, divine inspiration of the Bible, its inerrancy in the original documents, and its supreme authority in faith, life, and doctrine.
(1Cor. 15:2; Psalm 119:105; 2 Tim. 3:16; Heb. 4:12)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Deut. 6:4; 1Cor. 8:4,6; Matt. 3 16-17; Matt. 28:18-19; John 14:26; 2 Cor. 13:14; Titus 3:5-6)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He took upon Himself human nature and became God-man so that lost men might be redeemed through His substitutionary death and shed blood. He was raised from death and is now exalted at the right hand of the Father as Mediator.
(John 1; 1 John 10:30-36; Acts 13:33; Col. 1:15-17; 1 John 5:20; Luke 1:35; Matt. 1:18-23; Phil. 2:7; Heb. 4:15; Heb 7:26-27)
4. We believe that man was created by God in the image of God, endowed with freedom of choice. By his free choice through the temptation of Satan, man sinned against God, thereby breaking fellowship and thwarting God’s creative purposes in him and leaving mankind with a nature inclined toward sin.
(Gen. 1:26; Gen. 3; Psalm 51:5)
5. We believe that because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation. Men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved.
(Rom. 10:9-10; John 3:16; Rom. 3:24-26; Gal. 2:16; Eph. 2:8-9)
6. We believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, who works to exalt Christ, draw men to salvation, and by indwelling the Christian enables him to live a godly life.
(Gal. 4:6; John 15:26; Acts 9:31; 1 Cor. 6:19; 2 Cor. 1:21-22)
7. We believe the New Testament speaks of the church as the Body and Bride of Christ which includes all the redeemed of all the ages and expresses itself in the present as the local bodies of believers united by faith, fellowship and the work of furthering the Gospel.
(Eph. 5:29-32; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Cor. 12:4-7; Rom. 12:4-8; 1 Cor. 12:20-27; Rev.21)
8. We believe in the return of Christ, the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, that Christ will judge in righteousness, consigning the unrighteous to eternal damnation and those clothed in the righteousness of Christ to eternal life in heaven.
(Romans 4:25; 1 Cor. 15:16-20; 1 Peter 1:3-5; Rom. 6:5-11; 2 Thes. 1:6-10; Matt. 25:31-46)