At Heritage the health and safety of our community is a priority. We are implementing policies based on the guidance provided by Ministry of Health (MOH) Uganda. Our Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) are still in place to ensure the health and safety of our community (students, staff, and visitors). The protocols are established and reviewed regularly by the COVID task force, that is led by the School Nurse, to determine best practices for the school to navigate the evolving situation with the Covid-19 pandemic.
These are the updated measures we are currently following:
- Masks are to be worn indoors and where a 2 meter distance is not observed.
- When masks are not being worn, the requirement is to have them within reach in case a situation arises.
- Plexi glasses have been removed from classes but students are required to keep their masks on.
- Cafeteria sitting arrangements have been adjusted to 3 people per table. Secondary students will still be served by adults.
- Snack bar to resume and seniors participation will only be during sports or after school activities.
- In case of a COVID 19 positive case, isolation of 5 days will be required. The individual may return after 5 days if there are no symptoms. A Covid test will not be required at this point but the Nurse will check for signs and symptoms over the next couple of days to ensure they are negative.
- Close contacts will not be required to stay at home but have to ensure they keep their masks on and have no symptoms for them to be at School. The nurse will also check them the following days to ensure they are of no risk.
International Travel Protocol
Currently no quarantine days are required however, students and school staff should have a mask on and no Covid symptoms.
The government protocols around international travel keep varying depending on the prevailing situation. Please visit the Ministry of health website for up to date information.
We shall keep you posted through the HIS Connections if there any changes in these measures.